James W. Cushing Esq.
James W. Cushing is an Associate at the Law Office of Faye Riva Cohen, P.C. and a research attorney for Legal Research Incorporated. He earned a B.S. degree in Public Policy in 1999 from Penslvania State University and a J. D. degree from Temple University Beasley School of Law in 2002. He has been a practicing attorney since 2002, passed the bar in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is currently licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania.
Over the course of his career, he has published over sixty (60) articles to date, and also maintains Judicial Support Blog. His articles are published in "The Legal Intelligencer," the oldest law journal in the country, "The Legal Intelligencer Blog," as well as "The Pennsylvania Family Lawyer," the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Division publication, and "Upon Further Review," an online publication, the official publication of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
His practice focuses on all aspects of family law, contract law, landlord/tenant law, unemployment compensation, real estate, and small claims matters. His family practice consists of cases of divorce, child support, child custody, protection from abuse, adoption, and related issues. He also represents both landlords and tenants regarding their disputes, as well as either employer or employees in unemployment compensation cases, including referee hearings. His real estate practice includes foreclosure matters, for either the lender or the borrower, and various deed issues. His contracts practice involves all manner of contracts and agreements and he has handled a wide variety of cases in small claims courts.
Areas of Practice
- Contracts Law
- Family Law
- Real Estate and Landlord/Tenant Law
- Small Claims Law
- Unemployment Compensation Law
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Lena L. Hale Award
- Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- B.S. cum laude - 1999
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Public Policy
Honors and Awards
- Named an "Expert Author" by Ezinearticles.com, 2010
- Avvo.com rated 10/10
- Thomson-Reuters Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2010 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Assn. Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Christian Legal Clinics of Philadelphia, 2007 - Present
- Board of Directors
- American Sign Language